Sunday, November 27, 2011

What your players are really thinking. (polymorph)

Polymorph (Shape Change)

Transmu-some school or another
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: Those thing that make everyone know I'm casting 
Casting Time: to damn slow to be like merlin
Range: Touch myself
Target: the person I'm touching
Duration: 1 min./level (Damn I wanted to spend hours stalking prey)

Saving Throw: Oh yeah I need a diffrent spell just to use this one on others.
Spell Resistance: (blah blah blah)


This spell functions like (Damn something more to look up), except that (it doesn't function like what I just looked up). The new form may be of the same type as the blah, blah, following types: aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, plant, or vermin. (I'll just be anything the DM doesn't say no to)

The assumed form can’t have more Hit Dice than (Something about my levels or his) to a maximum of 15 HD at 15th level. (Why can't I be a 20th lvl guy at 20th lvl?)

You can’t cause a subject to assume a form smaller than Fine, nor can you cause a subject to assume an incorporeal or gaseous form. (More Restrictions, no being a fly or a ghost I guess, don't see why though)

The subject’s creature type and subtype change to match the new form.
(I want to become the creature not like the creature)

Upon changing, the subject regains some random amount of healing the DM will tell me. If slain, the subject reverts to its original form, though it remains dead (damn).

The subject gains the Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores of the new form but retains its own Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. (So I can't be as smart as a dragon or owl or something?)

It also gains all extraordinary special attacks possessed by the form but does not gain the extraordinary (I get some abilities but not others, now I'm confused and also not a dragon)

Incorporeal or gaseous creatures are still reading this, ahhg to much info. Can't I just grab some monsters stats and say I'm this now.

Material Component
Spell Component Pouch.



OK so I need like silence spell, still spell, eschew materials, and quicken spell to cast this like merlin does in that cartoon, that will be what a 9th level spell by which point I will be over level 15 so this spell won't be so great and it never really makes me a dragon.


1 comment:

  1. I'm open to suggestions on how to improve this posts layout. I'm thinking of bolding some of the players thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...