Friday, December 30, 2011

Completing Projects

I need to and am beginning to like the idea of getting myself into the habit of completing projects and/or goals. I have been playing around with an idea for a small game in my head and have also been thinking I should keep my projects goals smaller and obtainable. It also occurred to me that by simple telling other people I intend to do something I am more motivated to actually do it.

So as a test for all this I have decided to announce a small game I intend to make. The name I have for it, for now, is "Super Princess Sisters: Queen of the World." The .001 version will contain the following.

  • A level (possibly mimicking level 1 of classic super Mario)
  • 3 unique objects
  • The entire game world will be mine-able (think terraria, or minecraft)
  • Monsters will have a new spawning method (an Idea I'm keeping secret for now)
  • It will have at least 3 different block types
  • There will be at least 4 enemies using two different types of AI
  • The charactor will able to move and jump
  • have at least 2 unique modes for the character too be in
  • and at least 2 holdable items + a shovel or pick type item
So now I know exactly what I want to have ready for .001 and I will know to work on these and not to worry about much else. Once .001 is done I intend to make a title screen and maybe rework some of the art 

4 comments:

  1. wow I totaly forgot how grueling programing can be, I now have a char who walks back and forth and jumps, with no animation and can fall through the terrain if she touches it sideways, lol.

    and that took hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nut! She's headed to Hell!

    Hahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she can mine some hellstone or obsidian, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project was abandoned partly because I got to caught up in how I wanted the blocks mineable and couldn't make a decision and also due to the inherent copywrite issues of even a fan made project.

    The good news is I have gotten a ton better at using construct 2 since way back when I was doing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...