Friday, September 30, 2011

Age of Fable

I recently began playing Age of Fable and it is alot of fun. I think anyone who enjoy fantasy rpg's will like it. Especially if you want to play something like D&D but don't have any players or Dm's around or only have a short amount of time.

Basically its alot like a choose your own adventure but with stats and die rolls. So far I have saved a talking frog, visited a kingdom in the clouds and floated back down for two days. Become an apprentice to a creepy gypsy and gotten a raven familiar and lots of other interesting things. Its very fantasy based with occasional joking references to table top rpg's.

Its free browser based and you can save you game. Its made by James Hutchings of teleleli.blogspot.com/

You really need to check it out even if just for five mins to see what its like. I don't know if everyone will like it since its mostly just reading and choose actions but if your into table top rpgs and reading or writing blogs then I'm sure you'll enjoy this reading. It also has some great artwork to go along with it.

Soon I am going to be reading and reviewing James' book "The New death and Others" But if Age of Fable is any indication I think I am going to definitely enjoy his books.

2 comments:

  1. Why are most of the pre-generated characters women?

    Lost my interest already.

    Sort of like what I've been told about the game Diablo -- the "good" characters are women, to play a man, you have to be one of the bad guys.

    No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't quite lost my interest yet, I let my wife run through a couple games of it but we are both starting to recognize alot of parts.

    I kinda thought it had more depth then I am starting to think and still hoping it does.

    I still think the system is amazing and that the setting could be expanded upon. I am really sick of Karrakara now though.

    Maybe when I'm done I should pst my final thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...