Friday, October 7, 2011

Pathfinder Beginner Box

So far I don't have much of an interest in path finder, something about the feeling or tone just isn't for me. However the Pathfinder Beginner Box looks very well done and in my opinion looks like a good value. I believe is about $35. I think people would be willing to pay more for whats in the box.



I'm curious though if anyone else has the same problem I do. When I open up a pathfinder book and try to use it I fee like it is to cartoony or softened somehow. The art work and some of the monsters just seam childish or silly and sometimes even contrasting.

I tried to talk to someone at my local game store about how it just seamed to ruin the seiousness of my campaigns and his response was "You'll never get seriousness in a D&D game" I don't agree with that at all. I don't purposefully make my games mature or anything, but there is death and fighting and relationships and somehow throwing in a path finder goblin or even gnome and everything just suddenly feels like a comedy or cartoon and our suspension of belief is broken.

3 comments:

  1. I'm playing in my first Pathfinder game right now. Can't get a real "feel" for it yet, as the group, itself, is in a little turmoil.

    Perhaps I can get a better feel once the group settles down. Not really impressed with Pathfinder just yet, though.

    I have talked this same group into a Greyhawk setting game, however. Yours truly shall DM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I hope to one day be a player in an old school Greyhawk campaign.

    I have DM'd as close to a Greyhawk campaign as I could get but not being a real grognard and with players that are use to 3.5 it didn't go as well as it could have.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...